Panel Show Recurring Talking Head Extravaganza

Hey! Well it's been very quiet on here recently, with not a great deal going on and no new comics to show... but there's plenty happening, as I'm quietly working away on some longer form projects and broader undertakings. But here's some goings-ons of late...

I was recently asked by John Wilson, a filmaking student and independent director at Glasgow City College, to be interviewed for a short documentary he was making on Glasgow's indie comics scene. You'll see me and also Marjory Wallace of the famous Team Girl Comics collective and the colourful environs of Glasgow's Geek Retreat:



A big thanks to John and his colleagues for inviting me to take part in what's clearly come out as a very skilled product. Look for that guy in future! In addition to that, I found a cool little documentary on the Edinburgh Book Festival's Stripped Comic Mart that I took part in last summer. Based on these two movies, I only own one shirt. Check it out!:




This Saturday 5th of April I'll be heading to the Dread Realm of Dundee to exhibit at the annual Dundee Comics Expo, which is running in conjunction with DeeCon, Scotland's largest Anime convention. Both events are free! There looks to be all sorts of cool events, talks and displays to be had at both, including a Kendo display which is safe to assume will be great. So I'm looking forward to meeting the comic readers and cosplaying anime-mad fans and fiends of Dundee, Tayside and The Kingdom Of Fife!


I'm missing a Gorgoroth show to be there, so you guys better show me a nice time!

Later in the month I'll be at the Graphic Stories event in the Glasgow's Waterstones in Argyle Street. A section  section of local comics talent has been carefully curated in Waterstones, and a small event is on for people to meet the creators and buy their wares. It's a real honour to be in Waterstones and to be invited to come along, and I'm sure it'll be a fun and interesting day and perhaps an opportunity to meet some new readers who are less familiar with indie comics, or comics altogether.


This lovely image by the excellent Coll Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert opprobrium here